serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-FT86 View Post
I wonder if I will be disappointed when I finally drive a Cayman? I think it might be the best sports car period. I sometimes wonder if critics give Porsche too much props as my boss picked up a Panamera a few months back and I remember critics making this car out to be the "driver's car of 4 door cars". It was one of the worst experiences ever! Horrible steering and felt no different than a typical luxury car. I prefer my co workers 07 G35 sedan to the Panamera even though the G35 was still a not so great car either. I also have this feeling like I would like a Alfa 4C more than a Cayman before driving both.
You have to have the right expectations. I think of it as more of a sharp-handling GT car, because the interior is so nice and the car is so comfortable.

When you drive it, it's more appropriate to think of it as a luxury car that happens to be low, relatively light, makes a great sound, and has exceptional grip. There are many many places where they added lots of weight and numbed things down to make the car more quiet and comfortable. It is not a Miata or S2000 or MR2, but it is pretty fast and fast is fun.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote