View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #5
spicyricecake

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ Performance Package
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurikaze View Post
I went to school for car design at CCS in Detroit, and in 2003, Toyota sponsored our senior project. I proposed (and built a 1/4 scale clay model of) a modern day 86. My project went over extremely well. Later I ended up in a consumer research clinic for saving the Scion brand, and gave a 45 min presentation on why Toyota should build the FT-86 concept, and bring it over as a Scion.
After the FRS and BRZ were announced, I had planned on getting one, but the recession happened and went back to school. Flash forward to 2017, and I had a great job as the design director at a major wheel manufacturer, and was planning on getting the new Supra. However, I took a trip to Japan and rented a JDM Toyota 86 in black, and took it to many of Japan's famous mountain roads. I fell in love all over again. I knew I needed an 86, but wanted to get the most special (and most JDM) one I could find. The tS fit the bill perfectly, and I got one in black, to remind me of the trip I took to Japan with my dad (who owns series.yellow. no.1188)

My plans are to upgrade with only oem (STI, Subaru, Toyota, TRD, and Modellista) parts, except for an eventual suspension upgrade, and putting on wheels of my own design.
This is going to be a forever car, sharing the garage with my beloved AE86.

I love your story. Congrats on the new car.

Also, please post a picture of your tS and ae86, and if you have an instagram please share! I'd love to give you a follow.
spicyricecake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spicyricecake For This Useful Post:
yurikaze (03-25-2018)