Old 03-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffel View Post
Mike, sorry I tagged you without real context, I thought I had mentioned something after I did it.

We're trying to see how we can integrate the Innovate ECB-1 with the flex fuel kits and I tagged you to see if you've managed to figure out how this would work. We're trying to clean up the interior and not have 50 gauges for various data.

I'm looking at the sensor and I see three pins, which gives me the feeling that we're looking at power, ground, and data. Obviously the flex fuel sensor is already getting powered by your (or their) kit, so maybe Y off of the sensor with just the single data line going to the Innovate gauge?
No problem. The sensors all output a frequency, and the ECA/modules all turn that into a usable 0-5 signal. Only differences between the units is where they are made, grade of electronic components, and some additional filters that make for a more stable signal. But you have to have some kind of a frequency to voltage converter to give the gauge the signal. Gauges with integrated ethanol content analyzers should be able to use any one of those GM/Continental based sensors.

The ECB-1 appears to be just that, so you should be able to piggy back the signal from the sensor, but there may be some interference issues so a separate sensor may be needed if you see a change in the ECU rear o2 voltage input on the datalogs.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
dj2020 (03-14-2016), Luftwaffel (03-14-2016)