View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What paros says is true, especially with a car that has a bit of marketing tax put on it.

I'd urge everyone to think before they sign on the dotted line, what exactly they could do with that money if they weren't buying the car. Just say it's 40k...
1) How badly do you want (because let's face it, no one actually NEEDS one) a new car? Is there a second hand vehicle for less that would suit your needs and wants, as well as giving you some cash left over?
2) If you really do want a new car, is there an alternative that suits your situation more practically? Remember you're going to be stuck with this car for a few years at least and life can change dramatically in that time. Practical cars like the RAV4 are much cheaper (30k for a RAV4, 26k for a Dualis if you want to go Nissan) if you have a tribe.

Like paros, I really want to know what solid pricing is before I think about signing so I can weigh up my options like above. I do want a new car (I'm sick of fixing other people's neglect!) but due to my life situation, the 86 isn't a very practical option. I need this car to be under 40k drive away to even consider it. If it's not, I'm out. Way too much money for me. Even at 35k the test drive is going to have to impress me heaps.
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote