View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 07:06 PM   #73
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotlavaFRSGT86 View Post
Well unfortunately everything depreciates at a ridiculous rate, unless you got a damn 12 year old Evo 8 and u can still resell it for 75% of what it cost when was new, or a damn overpriced Ferrari. I do agree with everybody that the 86's are overpriced or if they came stock with a few more things and 250 Hp it might outweigh the sticker price. Depreciation is always high for the first few years, but in any light i love my FRS for the sexy as hell looks, wonderful handling and decent acceleration(slowly adding mods to make it faster).
A Release series FRS, or "series blue" BRZ in general will hold value better over the years (higher resale value). They are higher priced to begin with , however given they are limited at a much lower supply level then a regular FRS/BRZ color (white, red, etc) the large majority of time with cars they hold value better. Given this is a sports car, that adds another dimension. At any given time there might be 1-3 Release series/ or Series Blue cars available for sale across the country. So it depends upon how many potential buyers are looking for that car at a particular point in time. As opposed to doing a search for a red FRS , it will yield 10+ used cars with in 500 miles. A red BRZ, will be even harder to find then a red FRS ( given same year range searched for)... and so on.