View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 PM   #14
moniz

Drives: 2010 Mazda5 GT,2012 Honda Fit Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata View Post
No damage will occur. Just less power. Use whatever you want to use - regular or premium or plus. My father has always used regular gas in his Acura MDX for the last 10 years since new and the car's been running with no engine or power train related problems. It now has over 150K miles.

To which I's ask, does the MDX manual say premium recommended or required like the FR-S manual? It's understood that if it says recommended, then using regular will have no real effect on mileage and is ok, but you will lose some performance which for daily driving is fine.

But if the engine REQUIRES premium, as the FR-S does, then you will be getting worse gas mileage, negating your savings and worse still, putting you in a precarious warranty position if your problem is ever fuel related.

Personally, I'm no gambler with my money and do what I can to get the most out of the car, and keep me in good graces with the factory warranty. If you feel that's all hogwash, feel free to be the guinea pig, since it's not my money/car on the line.
Past-'89 Civic Si ('93-'99)-'94 Civic Si ('99-'07)-'07 GTI(Lease)('07-'10)'98 Acura EL ('03-'13)Current-'12 Honda Fit Sport'10 Mazda5 ('10- Family car)No FR-S for me Kids in car seats still and just wouldn't work in an FR-S especially in winter.
moniz is offline   Reply With Quote