View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 03:10 PM   #13
Efferalgan

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, after some investigation I came to the conclusion that I need a decent vent-to-atmosphere catch can. Ideally dual catch can so that to be able to define from which port all this oil is coming from.

The best solution which I found so far is @MAPerformance dual can:

However, it seems that its mounting points are exactly the same as those which are used to mount AT harness in my AT GT86, so it not AT-compatible unfortunately, at least not with the standard mounting bracket. If someone could confirm/dismiss this assumption - that would be really helpful.

The next candidate is @AVOturboworld dual breather tank:

However, its desing puzzles me. Why acually they made two cans interconnected one after another? As the result the first one is used just an intermediary which mixes air from both breathing lines and then air goes to the 2nd one with the filter. Also, I don't understand whether it's possible to drain the cans without dismounting (although it's easy and not a problem). Strange construction with unclear purpose but very comfortable mounting and looks like workable solution.

The third candidate is @Element Tuning Competition Catch Can System:

http://elementtuning.com/store/#!/El...ategory=439244

Which is a single can with simple and understandable desing but I'm not sure about FRS/BRZ-specific mounting...

No one is ideal but still I need to choose one. What would be you recommendation guys? Any other suggestions are appreciated!
Efferalgan is offline   Reply With Quote