View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #25
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac8 View Post
Appreciate the feedback! Mind if I ask what your SC kit cost you? Seems like thats becoming more of a possibility as time goes on... oh, and how does it sound?
The JRSC C30 Kit was just about $4,000. I also chose to purchase the JR Track Oiler (the SC version), as I do lightly track the car and wanted to keep temps down. Not required, especially because it looks like you are up in Rhode Island, it's not terribly hot all the time. If you want the kit was a CARB Tune, that'll run you an extra $1,000, but it includes am Ecutek Programming Kit (Cable/Dongle), Ecutek License, and the tune. Since you'll be running, at least it sounds like, the stock header and front pipe w/ original cats, the CARB tune should work just fine for you and will definitely simplify the process for you, and I've heard their tune runs really well -- actually may have been done by Delicious Tuning (someone please confirm that!)

Sounds awesome, you definitely get a lot of intake noise, even at idle, and a pretty cool sound out of the rotrek as it revs out. I also chose to upgrade the BPV with a Forge BPV (the stock one works, but has had a history of failing - not a huge deal and the Forge was pretty cheap), so it has a cool "whoosh" sound when coming off the throttle similar to the BOV.

With the JR kit w/o e85 or the high boost pulley, you'll be fine on the stock injectors, fuel pump, and clutch as well.

Others have mentioned the Edelbrock Kit, and I was very close to that kit as well, but the warranty wouldn't have applied to me since I already did a full exhaust and couldn't run their tune. The one big perk of the Edelbrock Kit is that it comes with a 3 year/36K mile powertrain warranty ONLY IF you use their stock CARB tune that also requires you to maintain the stock header/front pipe/and cats. Downside, I heard the stock tune doesn't run so great - so there is that, and its most expensive. Just wanted to put it all out on the table for you! Glad to see another Black tS getting boosted!!
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J1Avs For This Useful Post:
zac8 (02-15-2019)