Old 10-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
As the title suggests, I'd like to add my own thread to all the others, so ill get right to it:

Price range: up to 4k

Reason for wanting coils:Titan 7 T-S5 18x9.5 wheels on 265/35. kinda need coils for this setup.

intended use
: Daily driving predominantly, lots of spirited driving through yarnel, PCH, plus track days up to 5 times in a year

Desired Camber: only as much as is needed to make the wheels fit without rubbing on full lock, and so that the wheel is flush with the wheel well when looking straight down (i.e. i dont want the wheels poking out). Grenated, I really dont know much about this subject, nor how much i need. But I am going more for performance than looks in this area, so whatever would suit the build from a performance standpoint (first sentence notwithstanding).

Desired comfort: To preface, this bullet point isnt a priority. Close to stock for the PP 2017, but i wouldnt mind going a bit harder than stock.

Drop height: around 1.5" .. I dont want to fully slam it, but I am going for this type of look regarding drop height:

Shout out to spicyricecake for his above build. He said its a 1.7" drop.

Now, prior to the communities feedback, KW V3 coilovers seem to be the ones everyone veers towards, and the ones im considering. I've also heard great things about RCE ohlins.

With that said, what coils do you guys suggest?

Another question i would have is, do i need anything else along with coils for this specific setup? rubbing is an issue, so is fender rolling needed? or anything else that i might be missing?

Cheers

If you get 265 tires, you'll rub on the rear near the bumper. I have 18X9.5 +38 with 255 MPS4 with -2 in the rear and I slightly rub when I am turning into a driveway or anything like that. To fix this, you will need to sand part of the bumper. I highly recommend rear LCAs because the lower you drop, the more negative camber you will get in the rear.

For the front, any coilovers with camber plates should be fine.

Also -- 4k for coilovers is a huge budget -- You can buy the Tein Super Racing Coilovers and still have money left over. 10K/12K springs are really stiff FYI.

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/tein...l#.W9CTGHtKhhE

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
Daedex (10-24-2018)