Old 03-05-2018, 01:09 PM   #145
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
Try hard to do these drives without a sales person. You really have to drive the FRS hard to fall in love with it. A casual drive with a nervous salesman will not get the job done. When I test drove mine I had my wife with me (who isn't the type that screams at me if I drive like a nut) so the salesperson let us go alone (no one wants to cram in the back seat). I left the lot like a normal person and then turned off TC/ASC (hold TC button for 5 secs). I was on a very dead 4 lane road with uncurbed median (so basically 5 lanes wide) and did a nice tail out uturn with total ease. No drama, no snap, no tank slapping. I drove right back to the dealer and worked a deal. Probably the shortest test drive ever. Got mine for 12,400. This is the cheapest car I've ever owned. Hahaha
Took my sales person for my test drive. She let out a little scream a couple of times but didn't make me stop driving like I was. The car we were in was a poor battered 13 that had just been traded in and had not been fixed up yet. It looked like somebody had run across the hood and roof, the rims were beat to hell ( I presume from bouncing off of curbs) the interior looked like it was 20 years old and all four tires were pretty much bald. There wasn't a thing that I could have done on a test drive to make it worse than when we started.
Dadhawk (03-05-2018), ermax (03-05-2018)