View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #142
Coachrhino11

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic4uf View Post
A fully loaded RF with Brembo/BBS package reaches STI territory at $35k. Even the salesman at Mazda agreed it’s expensive for a Miata. In 2005, I bought MY04 S2k used and I kept it for 5 years. I always said that next time I buy a sports car I would buy new so when I saw the RS 2.0 brand new in the showroom I had to have it. I felt if I’m keeping it long term I wanted the satisfaction of knowing it was broken in properly and the money I would have saved wouldn’t matter as much in the 5-6 years of ownership. However, the new BRZ PP is enticing and if not for the depreciation of my RS 2.0 I would probably trade up. The RF is fun and I love the targa styling but I can’t justify the $35k price tag. Sticker price on the BRZ PP in S.Florida was around $27.5k and I figured I could get them to lower the price.
35k is MSRP, which I’ve never paid. The bbs/brembo package looks nice but almost 4K extra option. I personally like the GT wheels on black myself. There’s starting to be some very low mileage certified RF’s around country for 25-30k. Actually better warranty. Looking forward to test driving RF, BRZ, Abarth, 370z back to back next week! I’m not buying until summer but gonna have fun driving and I really hope I walk away with a firm decision on direction I’m going this summer or Christmas at latest.
Coachrhino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coachrhino11 For This Useful Post:
Vic4uf (03-05-2018)