Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #3497
Tristor

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14stu View Post
Seat removal alone throws you way up in classing, SM (street modified) looks like the first class that allows you to remove the back seat. The front brace isn't STX legal either, your parts are only allowed to do one thing (no dual purpose parts) and your front strut bar is probably not one of the allowed ones (the strut bar rules are complicated since the diagonal braces can't be linked together and some mounting options have been deemed to connect the 2pt into a 3pt).

If you don't care about classing, run SM or XP and just have fun. The SCCA rules are very strict, but individual regions can be much more lenient. Another option is to co-drive with someone. An STX legal car is going to be very under-prepped for NASA (there are some builds that will work but they aren't going to be as good as a true NASA build).

Thanks. I'll just let the cards fall where they may in the morning during tech inspection/classing and just have fun with it. I'll never pass up an opportunity to learn more about driving, and I think autocross can teach me things, but I am not worried about my ranking at the end of the day. I was mostly concerned that I might be out of class from anyone else and they might not let me run. I don't really want to co-drive another car, I'd much prefer to drive my own car so I can minimize the variables and focus on what I'm doing.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote