View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 05:32 PM   #1109
sly

Drives: 2016 Cosworth 2.2 BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by botbs View Post
How long does it take the ECU to learn the new parameters? I drove the car for 300km with SC now but still have lots of idle dip. No cel so far but I didn't feel a night and day difference yet with the SC on to be honest.

Having said that my shop replaced all the hose clamp and refab the mounting points on the intake tube as original one doesn't fit well.
It should be smoothing out by now. I wonder if they calibrated the throttle after they reflashed the ECU? You're supposed to turn on the ignition but don't start the car, then press the gas pedal to the floor for 30 seconds, 3 times. This is covered at the end of the install manual.

Mine didn't have much power at first. It took driving it until the engine was completely warm. Then I shut off the engine and restarted it and it had much more power.

The intake tube is rather tight, but I didn't have to re-drill any holes. I had to work it back and forth and then everything lined up. I do wish the silicon 90 degree elbow to the throttle body was just a little shorter so that the tube doesn't hit the hood. That rubber piece they give to stick to the hood was torn off in a day.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote