Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #38
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,179 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re_Invention View Post
Yeah, I put the rear seats down and was happy with the space - scuba gear, appraisal equipment, hiking gear, etc. will all fit without hassle.

Please, say more. That's my number two pick, tied with the Focus ST.

Also, great work with CSG. I follow you guys on facebook and am looking forward to checking out the shop in the upcoming year.
The Focus is a faster straightline car, by a hair. However, my choice for the WRX is actually for sheer practicality. The WRX engine is dated, but has a lot more mods you can potentially do to it. It also has a documented history, so you know exactly what to watch for. AWD is always a plus (although hardly necessary in SoCal) since I do snowboard quite a bit, and it's nice for low traction situations (dirt, snow, rain, etc.).

The WRX has a lot of cons through. The 5 speed tranny is complete weaksauce, and needs to be babied. The brakes are too small (esp with power mods), and the engine will overheat easily (again, with power mods, and no additional cooling). MPG is pretty bad.

Even then, the overall package is a great value. No other car offers AWD in that price range, with the level of performance the WRX offers.

I'm open to FWD, but not when I'm looking at a performance DD.

I've actually had a longtime battle between a Golf TDI and base model Impreza for a daily....
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote