Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #63
Nezz
86DESU

Drives: 86 GTS, S13, CB9
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprastar View Post
Why the LSx? Toyota already makes a perfectly serviceable V8 in the form of the 5.7L from their Tundra trucks.
That would prove to Toyota that this was supposed to be the next Supra.
Except for using the power. (etc)
This car wasn't meant to be the next Supra. This car was meant to be the next Sprinter. And it fulfills on that. It's very light (and no V8 swap will come out the other side the same weight-- driveline parts would have to be upgraded for durability, quite apart from engine weight), exceptionally balanced and chuckable.

It's a sportscar, not a tourer and not a supercar. I don't want this car for $20,000 with a V8, myself. And it's not slow-- it's faster than a bigger (Supra sized in fact) 330hp coupe around the Top Gear test track with its standard, cheap-thrills, tyres for Christ's sakes. Why everyone keeps complaining about how "gutless" this car is and comparing it to an MX5 is fucking beyond me, truly.

There's a Supra replacement coming, Akio has demanded it and development staff have confirmed it. If you want a hot footed supertourer, wait for that, and quit ragging on the lightweight corner buster. I can't use a supercar here, here where you lose your licence for twenty miles over in a sixty-five zone (in miles -- it's KM/h here) -- I don't want a supercar.

I want to go out and fang a car at its limits without losing my licence or paying out the ass in speeding fines. I want a car that feels fast and playful at the limits without being ridiculous. This car -is- "three quick nickels". Forget the numbers and go drive the fucking thing already.
Chewie4299 (02-18-2013), cruzinbill (02-17-2013), DAEMANO (09-22-2013), F3dzo (02-17-2013), Shagaliscious (02-18-2013), soundman98 (09-21-2013)