carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phm14 View Post
Thousands of 86 owners, including myself, drive these cars aggressively every day. Go search YT for "FRS BRZ track" and watch. Saying you can't drive them aggressively because a few have run bad tunes that caused issues, and one who continued to flog his car multiple times on track after major problems were apparent and blew up his motor, is kind of like saying you can't drink from a glass because a glass may break if it's dropped.
http://www.trackjunkies.org/topic/24...nk-i-broke-it/
this... exactly... this problem will only effect few of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft_sjo View Post
The popping back in the inlet manifold during cold start/cat warmup is most likely nothing to do with the fuel injectors. It's to do with a very aggressive spark angle.

All this talk about parts being made wrong and tolerances is theory from the unqualified on this forum and it's having a negative impact on new owners who come on here and read this drivel. You guys really should stop this as you're going to create a bad name for our cars when it's really unjust.
what? so what about the guys who have complete injector seal failure? In the cases where the injector seal is completely burnt off? you dont think sudden blow-by, during the combustion cycle, of the injectors can't cause popping?

or more so for the guys who's injector seals are still in tact but the injectors are still burnt past the seal?

And more interesting, there are alot of people who track their cars with a tune on this forum but its not happening to them?

thats why i'm guessing the blame is on a rare case of tolerances during manufacturing

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote