View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #46
GreenPants

Drives: Burnt Orange GT86
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
With the T7019A can we still use the factory usb port to connect our phones to the radio? Since it uses the oem wiring harness?
Is there any other bugs, or things that dont work with the T7019A unit? Don't feel like reading 25+ pages of posts ;P
Factory USB: Because Kiwis get a different stock headunit, we don't get the factory USB/AUX plugs. Hopefully someone else can answer that. There is a thread that talks about replacing the connector - they might be in a better position to answer. (Sorry, don't know which one off the top of my head, you'll have to use the search function)

Bugs: Unfortunately yes. I have found workarounds for most of the big ones preventing apps from installing/running, and have even started incorporating permanent solutions into a re-cooked ROM. The main ones left that I can think of are
  • not able to hear Android audio unless you run the stock video/music player in the background
  • contacts/media sorting issues
  • need an extra bluetooth adapter to get Torque working

But this is really starting to get off-topic for this thread - post any follow up questions on the other thread. I would also recommend reading the last 5-odd pages (43+) of that thread - that's where things start delving into the software issues.

Back on topic - I'm now a card-carrying member of the 600nm+ club. My LEDs are 630nm. Still a smidge too red I think, but not enough to do anything about. @Trap63 - yours were 625, right? How do yours compare? Too red or orange?
GreenPants is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenPants For This Useful Post:
Trap63 (08-04-2013)