View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 01:47 AM   #96
Apex-Apex

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
My grandma bought a Ford Falcon in 1965, had it painted bright pink...
Thanks but I already have a daily and money is not the issue on hand. I'm not going to argue about what 51hp must have felt like however many years ago but all I'm saying is trying to pass a car at 65mph feels like crap. I get why Toyota decided to go the route they did but an extra 50hp isn't asking for much. The car will pretty much be in the s2000 range of power and that's definitely more than enough for the street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by billwot View Post
That's why it has a 6 spd transmission and a gas pedal.
I see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I daily drive for almost 50K miles a year. With 98% of that highway. Through all seasons.

You have to downshift is an issue somehow? That is called DRIVING. An uphill freeway requires full pedal? Where do you drive Mount Everest? I have never once in 2 years and almost 100K of Daily Driving thought "shit the car won't do it". Not once.

Has the act of driving become so diluted that having to downshift instead of just mashing a pedal to pass is "painful"? Unbelievable.
I only live in southern California but I don't see why I have to mash on my pedal just to pass a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
DANG! ......Apex-Apex ......

When you say you live near and commute around "Walnut" are you speaking of Walnut Creek, California .. ??

If so, where do you find a uphill freeway .. ??

If you are in commuter traffic, where do you find the space to even try to pass .. ??

Now, if you commute up to Mt Diablo ...... you could use more passing power .....

I lived in Danville for a couple of years and commuted to Richmond, back in the 70's ...... but, maybe things have changed ......

humfrz
I live in Walnut, CA by Pomona, CA which is in the south. When I used to commute, I go against the traffic so there's room to pass but I would need ample space to pass. Again, this is just based on my opinions and observations. I understand everyone has their thought on this.

Varis 2JZ Build Thread
IG: @apexapexapex
Apex-Apex is offline   Reply With Quote