View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 10:33 PM   #88
totopo

Drives: 370z
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
They're better than the vast majority of us. These guys drive tracks on a regular basis. I wouldn't compare times across years, but I think it's more than fair to compare within the year on a general basis.
the thing is, driver skill is the biggest determinant of track times. When you get to the pro level, especially pros that win, they are all able to squeeze out like >99% out of the cars so the variance between pros isn't that great. Even then the lap times can vary from test to test on different days by like a second.

So is a 2 second difference significant? I don't know. I don't know anything about the drivers. Maybe one is 3 seconds slower than the other. Maybe one doesn't drive that type of car well. Maybe they had a bad day. Professional car driver reviewers regularly beat the "magazine" lap times by 5 seconds or sometimes more, so 2 seconds isn't that big a difference when you take into account driver skill.

The 2 tests were also on different years.

also no one can really verify cause no one else runs that stupid vir grand east course config.
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote