View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Looks too concept-y to me, lots of lines and shapes and wrapped around features (rear pillars look wonky) that will never ever see production.

If the handling is there it will be a critical success (original 510s are cult status for anyone who wants to blow them off, independant rear suspension in 1968 on an affordable car) but no idea if it will sell.

Sounds like they're going to re-work their current 2.5L that they sell in their trucks (good torque, kind of like the 240sx in spirit) but right now that thing only pumps out 152 bhp, they'd have to keep this thing under 2600 lbs to keep it relevant or dump some money into the engine. Probably going to garner more comparisons with the Miata than the 86 since it seems like they're trying to undercut the price.

If I didn't have an 86 I'd be interested, the only way I'd pick one of these up is if the Toyobaru leaves a bad taste in my mouth somehow (hey they could all blow up at 60k for all we know).

Edit: Looks better in the video than the pictures, it's always nice when the Renault partnership pops it's head up at Nissan, I think I'd like this styling more than the 86's.

Also the name sucks but it's kind of irrelevant if the car is good.

Edit 2: I'd love to see this lined up next to the current Camaro/Mustang/Challenger, the size difference should be neat for people who like small Japanese sports cars and "vintage" styling.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote