Old 08-05-2015, 08:58 AM   #32
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
Never have understood this particular brand of distain for truck owners.

Most vehicles fall into the "not used as intended" category 95% of the time. Heck, Sports Cars often go their entire "lives" never being used as intended by their owners. Most passenger vehicles of all sorts are rarely used "to capacity".

Truck owners, like sports car owners, or van owners, or 4 seat sedan owners, purchase a vehicle to meet a number of needs. Not everyone can afford a vehicle for every occasion, and not everyone wants to rent a vehicle whenever the occasional need arises. Plus, sometimes you just prefer what you prefer, and that should be a good enough reason.
About 80% of the crowd of real people I hang with drive pickups. Many of them actually use them as such but some just like having all that steel wrapped around them and their trucks are more luxurious than many cars. Also some of them simply would not fit in a car anyway (they are wayyyy overweight). We rag on each other all the time because for every reason I can come up with to make a joke about them driving a truck they don't haul stuff in they can come up with one for why I have a sports car I don't use for sports.
Cmorris8848 (08-05-2015), Dadhawk (08-05-2015), Ultramaroon (08-09-2015)