Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
https://www.86speed.com/hks-gtiii-rs...it-frs-brz-86/

This is the kit i'm inquiring about.

1) Can I just purchase the item above and install it and have it working without any additional parts? I've read about custom fitted oil pans and all, but is that required for the kit above?

2) Will that kit work with Automatic transmission?

3) Will this kit be reliable at low psi? I'm not looking for any crazy HP gains, as it is still my daily. I will be happy with just ~240HP.

I'm thinking long and hard about turbo'ing my DD. Not a tracker or anything but I occasionally like driving spiritedly.
I'll help you out as best I can:
1) It should come with everything you need. Though it does state you need to modify the oil pan for tapping. I believe you can easily find some pre-tapped so it's easier.

2) It will work, but I have read some people have issues with it hold power. I could be wrong though.

3a) I'm not sure what PSI it starts out at but I believe it's a bit high. Reliability is more of an oxymoron with modifying. It's as reliable as any car until something breaks. Just gotta look into the proper supporting mods. As well, the HKS kit is fairly new so not many have tested it or at least reported on it.

3b) If you are only wanting 240 (I assume WHP), and are set on a turbo, I'd look into the AVO stage 1. It's supposed to hit that power easily. Or just go with a simple supercharger like the Jackson Racing.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (10-07-2018)