Old 11-28-2018, 06:40 AM   #11
Skyfall

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch View Post
Random thoughts:

1) Drive the car stock first. Take it to a track day or autox. They're fun stock.

2) FI on a used motor is always a gamble.

3) Exhaust is subjective. The ACE is a good header, but it's pricey (even considering that you get an OP with it). You can get 95% of the performance for less money if you consider other options.

4) The CSG Brembos are capable, but you probably don't need them unless you're tracking the car and have a decent amount of experience already. There's nothing wrong with them, and if you want them for the cool factor, then okay. But they're not required for street use.

5) I would avoid 18x10 wheels as they're harder to fit on the front and largely unnecessary. In fact, I would stick to 17" wheels generally as they're lighter and the tires are significantly less expensive.

6) MPSS or the PS4S are fine tires, but they're by definition a compromise tire. They're not the fastest on track, and not the most cost-effective for daily. If that's what you want, then great. I used them for a while. But for me it works better to have designated daily tires and separate track tires.

7) Like said above, look into MPH hood over vis

edit: 8) If you want reliability and still plan to go FI, get an oil cooler and some catch cans.
Thank you so much for the input! Driving it stock is the plan for now. I've been doing a lot more research and I'm having an issue with the wheels and exhaust.

I'll stick with 17s since you and a lot more recommend it. The issue I'm running into is how big of a wheel and tire can I get away with if I use the coilovers but do not use camber? 10s and 9s seem to poke especially when using the calculator tool. I'm trying to go as wide as possible without rubbing. It looks like 8.5 might work but I heard they rub on hard turns. I'm also staying square just because I hear it is overall better for the car.

For the exhaust, I'm not sure what would be a good fit with the headers and stay emission compliant. If I can't, I guess I'll have to swap during inspection days.

Saving money is always a good thing and I thank you all again for the advice. Most of my research are recommendation from past post, YouTube, and companies like Delicious Tunning, csg, ft86 speed factory, and fitment. Since I'm in this for the long haul, I'm just trying to plan this out so I can buy part in bulk and as cheap as possible (Black Friday, x-mas, etc).

One last thing I wanted to add. Is the 2015 Series Blue worth getting or would it be better to get a 2013 limited?

Last edited by Skyfall; 11-28-2018 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote