View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #231
Protege13

Drives: Mazda Protege 2003
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well guys I did it. I fit an entire drum kit and hardware into my FRS... and honestly it was easy. In a lot of ways, this car has more space than my old 4-door Protege. My kit is currently 2 toms, bass, snare + hardware and cymbals. Although, I had space left, and I could probably fit my entire kit which adds 2 more toms and a couple cymbals/hardware.

3 main reasons I found out:

- The trunk doesn't have those stupid metal pieces that go down when you close it, so the trunk space you see is the trunk space you get. Super important with the oddly shaped drum hardware.

- The trunk with the rear seats down is completely flat as you know, plus, it has a TON of length-wise space which is PERFECT for my hardware. Just slide it in and it's a perfect length. It was just as easy as loading in into an SUV or van to be honest because of this.

- The door openings are huge, I didn't have any trouble putting the seat up and fitting a 16" floor tom into the back seat (folded down). No scraping, tons of room on every side.

I didn't even try to do this methodically. Just literally threw it all into the car pretty quick to test it out and this is what happened. I can probably find a way to make even more space, but as you can see... I had a ton of space leftover in the passenger rear side.

I also made a video that is uploading, I'll edit this post later with the link.
Edit:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqKNnQMlTOo"]An entire drum kit in an FRS... WILL IT FIT?! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by Protege13; 04-10-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Protege13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Protege13 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (04-10-2017), korhun (07-08-2019), strat61caster (04-10-2017), Tcoat (04-10-2017)