Old 07-28-2016, 10:08 PM   #21
kuczynskika

Drives: Harrop TVS86 STi BRZ tS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood View Post
I believe I paid $350 for shipping to Pennsylvania. Customs fees were $32 but I had it shipped to a business. Shipping to a residence might have extra fees?

Like Trefoil, I had some issues with FedEx. It took two days and numerous phone calls to get it cleared through customs. Had to provide the business tax ID (EIN) of the shop I had it shipped to and explain in great detail what a supercharger was to a lady so she could figure out what to categorize the shipment as to get it cleared through customs (she never figured it out...). Thankfully I got a call from a guy on the second day who knew exactly what to categorize it as. Shipping was quick, so it was worth the $350. Went from Australia to Pennsylvania in 5 business days (Shipped Monday and arrived Friday), including the trouble of getting it cleared through customs.

I ordered my kit in October 2015, it was manufactured during batch 2. In the end I paid $4795 ($4738 for kit + shipping, $25 wire transfer fee, $32 customs fees). I think the Edelbrock kit without tune was around the same price from CSG, but I don't like the airbox included in that kit, so I chose the Harrop kit since it uses the stock airbox.

Good insight here. Did you order the kit with or without tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kuczynskika is offline   Reply With Quote