View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #5149
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDestructDead View Post
Howdy everyone. I have a 2018 car with a C30 kit on it, JR dual rad/oil cooler and catch cans. I tried to do some searching and have been lurking for quite a while but I wasn't able to find anything specifically on this topic. How does the 2017+ revised engine perform under the stress of an E85 tune on the stock pulley C30? Has anyone blown a 2017 motor yet? I understand that the rods were not revised in this iteration of the design, but I'm still curious to hear what knowledge people have on the subject.

I'm likely going to be installing a flex fuel kit and a new pump/injectors as well and it seems that some people have had trouble with the DW pumps, so I plan on staying away from them. Is the Walbro pump coupled with 660cc FIC injectors a more suitable approach in terms of avoiding pump/injector reliability issues? Is a new pump 100% necessary with this size injector on ethanol blends?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
If the rods were not revised (stronger or weaker) then it's shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have a good tune from CSG or DT. I have a DW pump and haven't had any issues with it, in my experience a lot of the problems are caused by a bad install, being cheap, or cutting corners. If you're doing flex fuel and larger injectors, then yes the upgraded pump is required.
I’m running a 2018 tS with JRSC C30 and and Ptuning Flex Fuel. DW 700CC injectors. Stock Fuel Pump.

Everyone recommended the fuel pump, and I even went to the extent of purchasing it. My tuner very much disagreed, and so I’m running the stock fuel pump with absolutely zero issue. They do not even recommend an upgraded fuel pump running their turbo kit with their flex fuel kit which can easily crest 400whp.

But that’s a tuner’s preference. If your tuner wants it, go for it, if they prefer to not use it, then I think you have your answer on that end.

Best bet, communicate with your tuner ahead of the purchase.

I’m sit back and wait for the flames now insisting that my car can’t possibly run right without a new fuel pump
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote