Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 PM   #20
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Good to know. This is my first aftermarket BBK ownership experience on any car, and I'm getting more track time now more than ever before, so I appreciate all you guys sharing your perspectives.
That said, Mike, do you think a stock-powered BRZ on SX2s running DTC-60s with no aero would experience longer rotor and/or pad life with a good ducting system? I realize your previous answer was essentially, "it depends", but hopefully I have provided enough info to get a specific answer.
Oh, and my new roommate/buddy recently joined Rocky Mountain 86CUP and will be shopping for a BBK in the coming months. I expect you'll be hearing from him when the time is right.
It really depends on your equilibrium and peak temperatures. If you buy pads or rotors from CSG, you can always request to have them painted so you can see your own results. The paint is one time use, but is 100% accurate in showing your peak temperatures. You can also request caliper temperature stickers to see how hot the calipers are getting.

Based on the peaks, you can reasonably extrapolate equilibrium temps.

At 40 days per set of rotors, I'd actually bet ducts will hurt your rotor life; your DTC60 will get pushed out of their "happy temp zone" and increase rotor wear from the too-low temps.
CSG Mike is online now   Reply With Quote