Old 05-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #13
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Because it's not Ecutek?

No, I use Ecutek. Said that the MAF placement of my kit (JDL circa early 2016 version) makes it next to impossible to get accurate readings. I really don't understand because the maf is in pretty much the same spot as all of the other front mounted/shorter charge piping type of kits (SBD/Greddy/Full Race) it's not directly after a bend, BOV is on the intercooler nowhere near the sensor, and it's a good distance away from the throttle plate. I was even willing to go full-time speed density if he couldn't get the MAF to play nice. I hope I don't sound like I'm shit talking...I know he's a good guy.

Ironically enough low speed drivability is probably the strong suite of my current tune which is MAF in VAC SD in boost. What I'm not happy about is I have a power dip if I go more than 50 percent throttle or so anywhere between 3K and 3,800 or so. Car just falls flat on it's face. I can drive around it sure, and I rarely give it that much throttle that low in the RPM range but there are times when you need to get out of someone's way and don't want to downshift. Plus starting every pull at 4K starts to eat at your gas mileage. I know it's not something mechanical because I have none of these issues with my prior e-tune. Personally I think it's a cam phasing/vvt thing that he can't figure out.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amputechture For This Useful Post:
-Phil (05-19-2017), Sportsguy83 (05-19-2017)