View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #107
LXXXV1

Drives: 2014 FR-S Monogram, Whiteout 6MT
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorovert View Post
You're going to take a hit anytime you sell a car with mods. It is definitely better to part it out than try and add OEM+ mods in hope of getting a higher selling price.
Agree again. That's why any real OEM+ person hoards all their OEM parts. My floor mats are neatly packaged in my weathertech pacakaging and hold roughly 40 miles of use on them. My OEM exhaust is neatly wrapped in my garage. My side markers are neatly packaged exactly the way my clear ones came. My antenna/scion badges are wrapped in my FR-S file cabinet.

I don't forsee OEM+ parts being a hard sell at any time. You will ALWAYS take a loss anytime you sell anything for that matter. So the mentality I have when buying parts for my car is "rent" it and sell it for slightly cheaper later considering I take really good care of my cars.

FYI a hood bra for a 11+ year old 5th gen Honda Prelude goes for $300 right now. CLEAN OEM floor mats go for $150. A OEM shift knob, roughly $50. OEM side skirts in any condition? IMPOSSIBLE to find in ANY color/condition. They sell headlight covers for this car and those are also impossible as hell to find and are HUGELY sought after. Keep in mind these are the highest I've ever seen them and this was around March. This is what I mean by WE need to turn this car into a cult car.

2007 Honda CBR600RR-Pearl White/Silver - Totaled
2014 Scion FR-S Monogram-Whiteout - #LXXXV1 (build)
φφκα
LXXXV1 is offline   Reply With Quote