dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLap View Post
I am totally biased towards MT... so my opinion is that there is zero benefit at all to the AT. If you HAVE to have the AT (leg/knee issues, etc.) then I can understand, but otherwise there's no reason to get the AT.

Both hands should always be on the wheel either way, so that's not a pro of AT.

I don't find the MT to be harder to drive in traffic... so not sure that's really a pro of AT either. If anything I can't stand people who just lightly lift off their brake so the car moves forward on an AT while the brake lights are still on.

I really don't even understand why this car comes in an AT, but I guess it is to appeal to a wider audience (after all it has back seats for no good reason too...).

Coming from years and years of driving many many MT sports cars I can't stand driving AT. My car always feels so much better after I come back from a trip where I've had to drive an AT rental car for a week.

As always it's up to each person, but if somebody is coming to the FR-S never having driven a MT before then I highly suggest you get the MT and just force yourself to learn.
Oh you live in Florida? Traffic there?
Nah!

On a car like this it doesn't really matter if you get AT or MT performance wise, hell its starting to turn into that for all cars! Some of us bought the AT cause we thought it was an interesting automatic, some of us like paddle shifters, some of us drive in traffic daily and don't want to have our gearbox to suffer and then some of us just don't know how to drive MT. To dismiss automatic gearboxes by themselves is just plain foolish.

Alright, i'm done on this topic forever.

Last edited by dem00n; 09-16-2012 at 04:34 PM.
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote