Old 08-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #108
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Was he paying to be a sponsor of the site? Yes at one time. I have no idea if James was charging for services nor have I seen the offending content that resulted in his ban. I did see him talking about opening a shop, doing tunes, etc then it turned into actually doing tunes. Then the shop name came. It's not really our place to tell him to charge for tunes or not but one has to assume that he is, even if it's a 6 pack of beer that's still "payment".

Again though, I didn't see the posts/PMs that he was banned for either time. I didn't ban him.
Fair enough you didn't ban him so this is just for discussion sake.

Yes, after he was banned the first time and that was how he was allowed back, by paying a vendor fee.

As for the pay by 6 pack, so people who help other people install stuff in their garage for a 6 pack or free dinner needs to pay for vendor fees on this forum? What do you want that person to pay this forum with? 1 bottle of beer per 6 pack? One mouthful of steak per dinner? I can find another person fairly easily that would fit the bill, see how inconsistent this is?

Not having a dig at you personally as you've actually been a lot better than other mods I've spoken to. The other ones I've spoken to kept on deleting comments/questions or just lock threads. I find the site rules are enforced inconsistently and some people just disregard integrity altogether and hide behind policies that does not take in consideration of the root cause of people's issues, which then happened to protect the wrong do-er.

It is almost as if a person is refused emergency treatment due to lack of funding and therefore personnel, the person is penalised irregardless of his condition. Only this is a forum, and all it takes is for someone to say yeah, he's got a point so no need to penalise someone just for being passionately upholding a strong sense of integrity and moral fibre.