Old 06-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
Strife26

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Series.blue
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
More boost, more risk.

The reason, I would speculate, he told you no EBCS, is that the EBCS adds a point of potential failure. If the EBCS fails you will overboost to the max the turbo can push, and, that's essentially a guaranteed kaboom, unless he builds in failsafes against overboost (totally possible).

It's also why I use a smaller turbo that matches my goals. I physically cannot overboost. I run 10.5psi that sees a peak spike of 12.
I am currently at 8lbs. I'm mostly curious about raising the boost safely. All my internet knowledge and reading is making me curious, haha.

I understand there are more ways than just raising boost to get power, but it sounds like the cheapest, easiest way is raising the boost. That was why I am focusing on boost. I didn't want to buy upgrades yet, but I do have a spring kit /evilgrin.

I may upgrade the injectors, fuel pump and the like at some point, but Idk that it's necessary yet as I should be below 300whp with the kit. The only other person I found with this kit and the gt3076r is pushing 290whp with his tune. I believe he was on 8lbs also.

Keeping my engine alive is most important, which is also why I'm asking. If 8lbs is safest with my setup, then 8lbs is perfectly fine, but if I can go higher, then I might want to play with it, just cause.

Sorry if I sound like every other car newb, etc., but knowledge is power and I'm trying to get powerful, :P.