Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Sure. I would buy Miata RF over Mustang Ecoboost. But I think everyone has different tastes.
Do you get much snow? Do you ever need more room?
If not, I am sure it would be a fun ride. Seems to get better reviews than the Fiat.
For some reason the Fiat has the NC transmission rather than a new design. Perhaps they felt it would be more reliable with the Multiair turbo. I do like the idea of more low rev grunt in the Fiat, plus being a turbo there is probably room for tuning a few additional ponies. The Abarth is worth comparing to the Mazda IMHO.
One issue for me with those cars is they are a terrible bang for the buck in Canada. I'd be hard pressed to buy a mid level equipped unit for $40K out the door even with a few grand off list. I could get a nice lightly used Porsche or BMW roadster for that money. And no matter what, I'd get teased if I drove anything Miata-like. Comments like, "Nice car, does it come in mens?" Only the real car people know.
And lastly, the worst job I have ever had financially was selling Mazda in 89/90. So, if I were to buy from Mazda they'd have to lose money on the transaction with me. I know that sounds bad but their setup made it almost impossible to earn a living.

For me, if I do eventually give away my FR-S, and I do mean give away as I will take a huge beating money wise, I will be getting the new Supra. That is, unless they totally fuck it up.

BTW I sold a new 1990 Miata to a Canadian Olympic medalist, Robert McCall, a bronze winner in 88 couples figure skating. Sadly he passed of AIDS roughly 2 years later in 91.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 12-25-2016 at 09:40 PM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote