qcbaker
Shitpost Generator v8.6

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwimby1 View Post
Is there any reason for these things
Well, their name will tell you that. Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors monitor your tire pressure.

Quote:
and if not, how do I get rid of them?
If you're already ordering a new set of wheels with tires mounted, you don't need to do anything to get rid of them. Just don't install them on the new wheels? The light will be on all the time, but:

Quote:
From what I understand they only tell you if you have a significant loss, which I suspect any of us would sense right away. I check my tires regularly and can tell if one gets at east a few pounds down while driving. I want to order a set of wheels with tires mounted and these things are complicating that process.
If you're confident that you can monitor your tire pressure without the TPMSs, then what's the issue? Just install the new wheel/tire set and ignore the light.

Quote:
Can I break the bead on my new tires and mount the OEM ones I have now?
Yes.

Quote:
Do they have to be programmed again?
Not if you're re-using the OEM set. If you get a new set of sensors installed in your new wheels, you'll need to have them paired to the car. The car only stores 1 set of IDs at a time.

Quote:
How about just taping over the light on the cluster?
If you're monitoring the pressures yourself, what do you need the light for? Tape it if it bothers you.

Quote:
Can I program them out with a tune?
Not that I know of, but I don't know for 100% that you can't.
qcbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to qcbaker For This Useful Post:
Qwimby1 (03-22-2019)