View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 07:30 PM   #180
FRSToyota86

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
Make sure the Temp sensor is plugged in and tube is attached. Mine had fallen off somehow. Although I don't have A/C yet as I am LS Swapped, if I had mine set at anything less than "HIGH" it would turn the heat very low and get cold in the car.

You may have to try and calibrate the motors, or set them a certain way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaetagnath View Post
On occasion when the external temperature is cool, there is a large difference between the low setting and the next up on the auto (65), so it blows warmish. However on normal hot days it is pretty good at blowing cool air throughout. Maybe try adjusting the temp sensor location.
Quick fix, I figured out what the problem was, pin from temp sensor was not making connection with the back of the control unit. It needed to be pushed in more. These AMP connectors are little tigther than the OEM connectors. 18 Guage wire is too thick and 22 Guage is to soft to fit them in. I guess best wire is 20 awg.

Its working good now.

When it comes to the Relay socket regular socket relay is not going to work. I ordered one and no good. So I 3d printed one relay socket, used 9mm male and female slip on connector for the thick relay terminals on both end with a wire in between.

The original relay socket Randy used is only available in Europe. I probably should have ordered it, instead of relaying on eBay relays. At the end 3d solution worked just as well.

Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 862
Size:  25.4 KB
Vortech V3 Supercharger| 12 PSI|E85 MotoEast Flexfuel kit|Crawford AOS| Mishimoto Oil Cooler|3"Perrin Resonated CBE| 3" JDL Front/Over Pipe|OpenFlash Performance Headers|Exedy Stage 2 Ceramic Clutch |Yonaka Coilovers|17x9 O.Z. Wheels| 245/40r/17|TRD Brake Pads|Perrin Master Cylinder Brace |ChaseBay SSBrake Lines|CF Side Fins|OEM Shark Fin Athena|Yospeed Console Plaque|R/T Shift Knob|Fog Lights|Backup Camera|Navigation| |TRD Quickshifter|Motul Gear Oil|
FRSToyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSToyota86 For This Useful Post:
Chaetagnath (02-24-2018)