View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 11:23 PM   #68
gt86drifter4life

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
I think you may be right about the aftermarket parts though. If you read through the Subaru instructions (did not review Toyota) on page 3 it says:

So at minimum it would appear that Subaru may be willing to pay for the workaround if it's reasonable.
Here is what I found for Toyota:
My vehicle has been modified with aftermarket (non-factory) components and my dealer says I should remove the modifications before the Safety Recall can be performed; is there anything I can do about this?

A7:Some vehicles may be equipped with non-Toyota-approved parts and/or accessories that make it difficult or impossible for a dealer to install the remedy parts for this Safety Recall. Toyota does not recommend modifying vehicles and cannot evaluate how any aftermarket, non-Toyota-approved parts could affect a vehicle’s operation. That is why it is best to restore your vehicle to its original condition prior to the remedy being performed. Notwithstanding Toyota’s recommendation, some dealers may be willing to perform the Safety Recall remedy with the vehicle in its current modified condition. If your dealer is willing to do so, you may be charged for labor or parts costs not otherwise covered by Toyota's Safety Recall remedy. Toyota provides the specific remedy parts kit, necessary engine fluids and sealant, and covers 12.2 13.8hours (depending upon vehicle configuration) of dealer labor expenses. You must pay any additional charges for parts or labor by the dealer which are the result of the vehicle’s non-Toyota-approved modifications. Toyota is not responsible for later performance problems your vehicle may have that are the result of the non-Toyota-approved vehicle modifications.
gt86drifter4life is offline   Reply With Quote