View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #11
MichaelBrown86

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
The time has finally come for me to unlock some power and gain that beautiful boxer burble with a Tomei UEL Header + Overpipe + OFT Ver. 2!

I was originally concerned about how much louder the car would be after the install. However, after a cold-start, warming up to operating temp, and driving around town and on the highway, I'm quite satisfied with not only the exhaust volume levels but also the rumble. So, If you want a very mild bump in volume, but gain that boxer growl, the Tomei UEL Header + Overpipe + stock exhaust system is a very subtle way to enjoy a more free-flowing exhaust, without the wife getting angry at you.

Now that we went over the sound, lets get into the power. I drove the car for a few days without a tune, and just running the Header + Overpipe, and I gotta say, it was pretty subtle. It just felt "easier" to drive around town. I've heard that the UEL header design offers more mid-range power compared to EL headers (where they usually shine quite well at the upper rpm range).

A few days later, after flashing the ECU with an "OFT Stage 2+" tune, I immediately noticed more of what I mentioned above: Mid-Range power. I heard that the tune on the ECU "wakes up" after you drive around a bit and it does some learning. I'll be looking forward to more power so I can keep up with those pesky minivans. Haha!
Attached Images

Build Thread:
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133150

Last edited by MichaelBrown86; 05-13-2019 at 07:08 PM.
MichaelBrown86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelBrown86 For This Useful Post:
DaBoBo21 (05-14-2019)