Old 03-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Mikepage

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013 Raven
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Whiteline crossmember bushing insert review

Hello!

I have finally installed this bushings kit : Whiteline KDT922

Sorry if I repeat some comments from others users, I just want to share my feeling on this.

I really love the feeling, I just drive from my friend garage to my house in the snowstorm last night after the installation and I have already saw the difference. The back is more stable and predictable... More easy to oversteer. You will also direct feel the power who go directly to the wheels and the back doesn't feel to drop anymore.

No more NVH I confirm and the car stay always comfortable

I can't wait to feel the difference on the dry Tarmac.

Not difficult to install, you have a good DIY here : http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20920

Important :

You really need to take care when you remove the bolts from the car chassis. They are supposed to be very easy to screw up. For me, I got some troubles with one on the rear. Not stripped finally, but only more tight cause of some metal from the chassis hole come with the bolt during we unscrew them. Then just rescrew it and unscrew it some time to fix the problem.

You are not supposed to force any bolts. Take care because It's very easy to misaligned the holes with the subframe when you move it to insert bushings. And if you striped an holes on the chassis, you will be in the shit, I can say...

Start with the 2 rears bushing and finish with the 2 others on the front.

It's a quick install then you can take your time.

I do mine with 4 candles and a jack to support and drop the rear subframe to inserts bushings.

Last edited by Mikepage; 04-25-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Mikepage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikepage For This Useful Post:
hmong337 (05-10-2015)