86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Thanks for the advice!

I had it applied by an expert. I mostly just want to get rid of little imperfections like micro swirls and those tiny scratches that only show up in bright light.
Take it back to shop that did coating for you. They can probably do a light clay to remove swirls as long as those swirls appeared after original coating was done. If swirls were not removed before coating was originally done then the expert may not have done a good job in prepping the car before the ceramic coating was applied. Hoping he did paint correction before coating was done. If swirls weren't removed before coating then swirls are beneath coating. I would assume the original coating would need to strippe. Then new coating reapplied after swirls are removed & paint correction is done. Ceramic Coating car is not difficult, it's the prepping of the car that's labor intensive. Car washed using dawn soap or any car shampoo to strip car of waxes or polishes that is on there. Then use a clay bar to remove old coating & remove swirls. Then use a polish & then paint correction if needed. Then wash car again & dry then apply new ceramic coating.

Opti-Coat & Cquartz Finest, Apexi Drop in Filter, 2.5 Perrin Res. Catback Exhaust
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote