Old 03-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #19
jwisjw

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotsureaboutbrz View Post
Hey guys,
LOOOONG time lurker. I'm picking up a new to me BRZ for a daily driver and autocross toy. I'm looking forward to our upcoming but short autocross season this year (Alaska problems). With the group of cars that compete here I'm not going to be fighting for the top spot in raw times, so PAX is where I think I'll be competitive.

With this new car I'm really interested in doing a UEL and OFT tune, frankly just for the little bit of noise and torque dip reduction. But I have no desire or plan for coilovers, wide tires and all the other things that STX'ers typically do. I will be replacing the stock tires! (as soon as it finishes snowing)

So my question to you all is, whether having the rumble and smoother torque on the daily worth the PAX hit during autocross season?

About me:Last season I co-drove a friends early C4 corvette (and beat him at every event), and long before that I was in HS with my trusty sentra. So I generally have fun with driving 'slow' cars fast.

Thanks for the input!
FWIW, this is a video of my STS CRX vs my FR-S that was on stock suspension, bars, springs, shocks with 17x9 BFG Rival-S. Car had all the bolt on engine mods without a cat or a tune. As the grip went up on the concrete side, the car started feeling more sluggish when changing directions, which was expected.

As others have stated, the wheels/tire combination offer a lot alone.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jJ8xcY6Eg"]STX Lite vs STS - YouTube[/ame]
jwisjw is offline   Reply With Quote