Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Not sure exactly on what you're asking.

What I do know is that with the first F&F movie, the cars that were selected were sort of the "luck of the draw". There were better cars out there, but the producers of the movie merely chose from the vehicles that showed up to the casting call. No 240s really showed up, just like many other cool tuner cars, because nobody really cared. My dad's Supra was chosen simply because it left an impression on Rob after a ride along, so that's the only reason that specific Supra was chosen, and not something more extreme like one of the 800+hp Supras that were out there.

As far as the value goes, it's anybody's guess really. I believe F&F played a bit of a role in the market demand for them, but I'm sure they would've held good value regardless. With Paul's passing, the Supra, R34, and franchise gained even more attention, in my opinion. Because of Paul's death, I wouldn't be surprised if the original Hero Supra could fetch $1 million plus without much difficulty.

But who knows.
I couldn't remember which cars were your dad's and if that was one of them. That was what I was asking. I thought he had two?