View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
displacedTexan

Drives: '13 FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Oh, be patient, ol "gear rollover" @Ultramaroon will be along later ..

humfrz

Story time.

Monday we took our FR-S on a drive up on Mt Rainier. All week I had been reading about spun rod bearings and TOBings going bad. On the first long, hard pull, I swear I heard a knocking from the engine, or was it a pinging??

OMG, it's number 3 rod bearing, but maybe its the TOB, but maybe the piston skirt is slapping against the cylinder wall … but at altitude, the 92 octane gas should not be pre detonating

Oh well, so be it .. stranded on Mt Rainier .. we have extra water .. someone will find us before we starve to death .. then mrs humfrz snaps me out of it by yelling at me "are you going to pay attention to driving this car OR keep dinking around with the GoPro ?? (which is mounted on the dash).

Now, by overthinking all this shit, I was about to wreck up my drive around the mountain ..

THE END

humfrz
Beautiful mountain. Spent five days at the Paradise Inn with the wife for our honeymoon last August. We had some sort of cheap Chevy compact for a rental. Would've been some great driving roads in another car.

I guess I got lucky when I switched the transmission oil to Motul. Didn't have any of these sounds. I could see myself getting a little paranoid hearing that.
displacedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to displacedTexan For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-19-2018)