View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #16
sroby

Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Partner that stinks sorry about the misfortune. Keep us posted on the new install. Hopefully somebody will use this info if and when they want to do this upgrade to pay special attention to details. I myself bought my sprintex used, got a great deal. My backround as a retired Air Force aircraft mechanic, the day It was delivered I took it apart completely and inspected it. Especially the guide vanes (scroll,rotors leading edges). They were perfect. I then had the bearings and seal replaced. It was a 300.00 insurance.
I then purchased the delicious tuning tune. So I had that purchase. Upon getting it running which was almost perfect, I then drove it the following couple of days to DBW Motorsports and had it put on the Dyno. I know it’s over kill but I wanted to make sure everything was correct. So I had 2 tune fees, but I would have had a flatbed charge of a couple of hundred dollars so it about equaled out for me.
I hope this eases your pain a little, take care Steve
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sroby For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-11-2018), iceblaze (10-11-2018), Lantanafrs2 (10-12-2018), Tristor (10-11-2018)