View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #107
shawnperolis

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT "Panda"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaptorque View Post
I would re read and try and comprehend what he is saying, not once does he say the auto is as fast or faster than the manual, he actually alludes to the manual being faster, due to gear ratios. The point that he is trying to make though is that the most important factor on a track is not the transmission, but the skill of the driver. Get some Joe-schmo in a MT vs an experienced track driver in an AT and 10 out of 10 times the better, experienced driver will win.

While the MT is a little "faster" than the auto, the difference is made negligible by the experience of the driver.
I comprehended it just fine, thank you. He compared the FRS to a totally different car with a different driver, doesn't much change anything. Nobody here is arguing that transmission is more important than driver.

I agree with everything else exactly though, I'm just saying that take the same driver on the same track in the same weather conditions, but once around in the auto FRS and once around in the manual FRS, the manual is going to come ahead.

I personally don't even care about track times, they don't matter much to me in a slow car like this. I wasn't the one who brought that crap up, I just thought it was really funny how some people have to defend their choice of transmission to the death in spite of pretty hard evidence and numbers. This car is about having loads of fun in, and because you can't drop the clutch in an automatic, it is useless to me. Doesn't mean it is useless for other people though.
shawnperolis is offline   Reply With Quote