View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM   #1614
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Saw your post on FB, glad you found the issue. I'm hoping this bypass issue is just a small bad batch or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat07 View Post
I don't get on here much. Sorry to the guys I haven't responded to yet. I will attempt to answer your questions here along with an update to my current situation.

The throttle body position sensor issue was unresolved directly but I did notice some chafing to the harness where I had mounted it. I originally tied it to the cold side of the AC pump line to keep it away from the belts. I moved it away from that and haven't had the issue return and no limp mode.

I don't know anything about the Mishimoto upgrade to fit with this kit.

Pictures of the heat shield solution I made will be included.

Finally, I've run into a P0171 lean issue and discovered a vacuum leak. My bypass valve failed and doesn't actuate properly and allows unmetered air to bypass the MAF throwing off my fuel trims under vacuum condition. We discovered the issue with a smoke test. We put the smoke probe in the TMAP sensor bung and without even blocking the intake we found the leak. We moved the smoke probe to the bypass valve hose and it leaked significantly confirming our discovery. Edelbrock is sending me a new bypass valve under warranty. Picture also included.

The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote