View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #102
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Thought I would put a note in here since I rented an ND on Turo.

The car is hands down better to drive than the FR-S/86/BRZ, by a long shot. The controls are extremely intuitive (I'm looking at you, BRZ clutch), the car responds well, and the build quality is shockingly good. Wind noise is actually not that bad for a rag-top. Gearbox is wonderful and the 2019+ engine update would I imagine put acceleration in a pretty good spot. Ride comfort is a little worse, but it's not bad. To my surprise, I even liked the engine noises. Okay, the infotainment screen is totally useless, but it's easy enough to pretend it's not there and enjoy the rest of the cabin which is fantastic. I really like the short first 3 gears, it makes taking off from 0 less of a chore.

Before driving it I thought the price tag was too steep, but stepping in one, I think it's totally worth it. The whole experience is just so well thought-out and designed.

Unfortunately, I kind of don't fit. With stock seats I can easily touch the roof with my head, and my knees barely clear the steering wheel. Ideally I would want a more reclined position but that would make my knees hit the wheel. It might work if I had an uncushioned seat bolted to the floor, but I don't really like the sound of that.

Last edited by serialk11r; 11-30-2019 at 01:51 PM.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote