Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
Yes I admit I don't know much about the platform...let me clarify, my claim is:
This is close to as much power as Chevy can give you in an NA engine from the factory without titanium valves.

OEM concerns because...The more power it makes from the factory, the less bang for buck you get from swapping in aftermarket stuff, which is expensive. The comparison with a cammed C7 is because the C7 is cheaper.

It's clear to me that there's much less to gain from a cam swap than in the LT1, given how the power has moved to the higher rpm ranges, and it's probably a bad idea to "add more cam" given where the power peak sits. I would not mess with the intake ports on a direct injection engine. More duration reduces low end torque, more lift reduces low speed efficiency and stresses the valvetrain more. My guess is this is an LT1 with slightly modified intake/combustion chamber and slightly longer duration intake cam, while the LT1 has a somewhat conservative cam in it.

Headers yes, but that's not something the factory can do, and it's not emissions legal in states that care about it. C7 and C8 are on equal footing here, they both can pick up similar gains for similar money.
Just do some research. There will be cam options available for every powerband, there have always been aftermarket valve train options, literally everything you said doesn't apply to the general "ls/lt" platform historically.

Why is titanium valves a big deal in your statement anyways, GM has used all sort of materials from the factory and the aftermarket has any option available.

Point is, how can anything be "clear to you" when gm hasnt realeased specs for the lt2? Nobody knows what's been changed or cam specs yet. Safe to say it's not a motor that's maxed out from the factory though. Based on history at least.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote