Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM   #56
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Yes and many others had virtually no issues, it's a matter of experience level and overall usage case. I know you had a big project car before the FRS so you were used to plenty of issues. Turbo right?

I had more issues with fitment because we tracked the car. Things move, shift and are exposed to more extremes. I also very anal about not having issues on a track so fitment was huge for me.

I also require documentation to be near perfect, if you can't provide high detail documentation how can people be sure your design, manufacturing and engineering inst as flighty.

But to your point, I never had a failure with the kit, but constantly had to watch it monitor, and adjust. Without that I'd probably have burnt bearings in the unit, engine problems or worse.
I did very much like their aluminum mounting bracket, although it did require shaving that casting nub off the alternator bracket?(its been a while) to bolt on one of the mounting bits.

I don't like the idea of such a small volume of fluid in the V3 units, even though it makes everything very nice and self-contained. A small leak could be disaster.

If I did it again I think I would have gotten the V2 oil fed unit, one less thing to worry about... or is it one more....

If you still had the FRS/Vortech, I should have loaned you the vortech max flow bypass valve. I think it would have made for an entertaining video if only for the look of terror on pedestrian faces everywhere as you drive down the street
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote