View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
SSCorBust

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Front Upper Strut Mount Side Specific and Position?

2014 Scion FRS

Do the upper strut mounts belong to a particular side? Or are they side interchangeable? If belong to particular side how do I tell?

Also, is there a particular orientation of the upper strut mount?

Background: Had a shop install the SCCA SSC kit and not getting anywhere near the negative camber as everyone else. They got -1.34 degrees and everyone else is getting around -3 degrees, some getting more.

I know the SPC camber bolt is installed partially wrong, so I will switch that. It was installed with large tab in but arrow out. It should be installed large tab out and arrow pointing out. Not sure that one change will make -1.6 to -1.7 degrees difference, but it's a place to start.

So, I'm planning on pulling struts and make sure the upper strut mounts are correct. One note I saw was making sure the spring sat in the same dimple in the spring bumper.

I also think I saw something about aligning lobes of the spring perch and spring bumper. Is there anything else to align with the front suspension support sub-assembly?

Looking at the shop manual for 2013 Scion FRS doesn't indicate anything special. I'll have to buy the 2014 shop manual and double check that.

Any advice / info is appreciated.

Thanks.
SSCorBust is offline   Reply With Quote