chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
So I didnt find any threads on this and figured I'd start one.

I test drove one of these Saturday and thought while not in the same price range they vehicles are in the same size very similar when driving.

The m240i comes stock with 335hp and you can get it tuned from BMW to have the same output as a M2 (360hp) and keep your factory warranty.

The sitting position is very similar to a twin, the cabin size is almost exactly the same, and the overall feel is great.

Of course the biggest difference is when you put in your foot in it. The m240i even with the base 335hp feels like a rocketship compared to a twin.

So after incentives I could buy a m240i for about $46k.

Right now I have a BRZ ts on order and its sticker is $35.8k.
I'm going to boost the BRZ with most likely a Edelbrock Supercharger.
Installed that should cost around $7k and get me to ~300 crank hp.
Total that would easily put me at 42-43k.

Would it be worth it to spend ~3k more on the BMW?

BMW no contest,

If you are buying a tS and modding it that defeat the purpose of getting a tS to be honest? since you gonna mod, you can pick up a near new 2017 brz with performance package for 10 grand less. if that's the case then go with BRZ all day.

Remember that the US tS is not like the tS they had in japan. There are only few minor upgrades that you can purchase yourself + body kit & wing.

***Oh hey but if you are still getting the tS and Supercharge/turbocharge it, I call dips on those 18x7.5 sti wheels. You wont have near enough traction with the tire setup you can go with those wheels. 1st in line, don't fight with me guys.

Last edited by chaoskaze; 02-06-2018 at 02:18 PM.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote